The 26th annual Crystal Awards at the Hyatt in downtown Houston proved memorable in a rather unusual fashion.
The operative word here is “fashion.”
|2012 AMA Houston Crystals Award Show Host: Mrs. Richfield |
Crystal Awards co-chair Jared Houser, who emceed Friday's event, got the festivities moving along in a timely manner, but Mrs. Richfield stole the show.
Houser introduced the cross-dressing Mrs. Richfield as part of the entertainment for the Crystal Awards, and Mrs. Richfield was engaging, with biting humor and a booming singing voice.
Between Mrs. Richfield's routines and costume changes, Crystal Awards were handed out. Axiom and Cameron won Best in Category for Interactive/Multimedia Marketing Presentation with "Discover Cameron Interactive Multimedia." Axiom also earned Crystal honors with Excalibur for Best Trade Show Booth (above 400 square feet) for Cameron's 2011 OTC booth.
|Axiom's Laura Hughey and Cameron's Cassandra Sayers|
Axiom also received Citations of Excellence for 18 other entries during AMA Houston's ceremony.
The flamboyant Mrs. Richfield might have walked away with an award from the ceremony, though no one is certain whether a submission was received before deadline.
Axiom's 2012 Best in Category Crystal Awards:
Axion's 2012 Citations of Excellence:
- Discover Cameron Interactive Multimedia (with Cameron) – Interactive/Multimedia Marketing Presentation
- Discover Cameron 2011 OTC Booth (with Excalibur) – Trade Show Booth (above 400 square feet)
- Art League Houston 2011 Gala Invitation – Direct Mail - Two-Dimensional Single Item
- Axiom Case Studies – Company or Organization Brochure
- Basic Energy Services 2010 Annual Report – Annual Report
- Basic Energy Services Ad Campaign – Advertising - Magazine
- Discover Cameron 2011 OTC Campaign – Marketing Campaign - B2B
- Discover Cameron 2011 OTC Funnies (with Cameron) – Animation
- Discover Cameron Brochures (with Cameron) – Product or Service Brochure - Two or more
- Discover Cameron Online Ad Banners (with Cameron) – Online Advertisement - Single Banner, Pop-up
- Discover Cameron Product Illustrations (with Cameron) – Photography/Illustration
- Dallas White Rock Marathon T-Shirt – Corporate Citizenship
- EnerVest Marketing Strategy Profile – Marketing Research
- EnerVest Website – Website - B2B
- Fire Station 6 Website – Website - Small Budget $10,000 or less
- Hope Stone - “Experience Hope” – Direct Mail - Two-dimensional Single Item
- Houstonian Hammerhead Jersey – Corporate Citizenship
- ION Corporate Rebranding Loop – Animation
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum 2010 Annual Report – Annual Report
- Vortex Ventures Interactive Multimedia – Interactive/Multimedia Marketing Presentation
Labels: AMA Crystals, AMA Houston